Sí Beag Sí Mór Artist Residency is an exciting initiative which is designed to encourage new and innovative work in the area of traditional arts for young audiences. Inspired by Tiny Shows, a concept developed by Galway-based Branar Téatar do pháistí, three artists will come together over three days in the Gate Lodge at Hope Castle in Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan. During their residency, they will be encouraged to
- explore new early stage ideas for a children’s show/performance
- enjoy taking risks with their artistic practice
- explore new roles (e.g., singer → story deviser, director, actor)
- explore collaborating with new people and new media
- think about what they do in new/different ways
- explore how the traditional arts can work with other creative art forms/practices (e.g., puppetry, other musical genres, other dance forms, visual art, circus, film, lighting design, etc.)
At the end of their residency, the artists will share what they have achieved with an invited audience of local artists. The artists chosen to participate in the Sí Beag Sí Mór Artist Residency will be announced soon! Join our mailing list and keep an eye out on social media for updates.